December 3rd marked the first year anniversary of our kick off of this great organization!
Big thank you to this evening’s sponsors for hosting our event and supporting our efforts:
- Louise Bruno, National Partner Account Manager, CommVault
- CodeSmart $ Ramp Group, Kate Chan, Mark Meyer
- Dana Manciagli, Career Expert, Author, Founder of DM Consult, LLC
We’ve come so far. THANK YOU for making it happen!
We are currently the largest IAMCP-WIT chapter and we’ve accomplished so much. As Kati Quigly tells us, we are the model for other WIT Chapters!
Here is what we accomplished in 12 months:
- We have our very own website on which we post our events and share pictures of what we’re doing in the community. It’s also a great vehicle to inform and invite new members.
- We have a mentor-mentee program in which 12 mentees are now partnered up with mentors! WAY TO GO!
- Most every month we offer professional development and networking. We’ve learned about Cloud, Social Media, Being a Woman in Technology and Speed Dating to connect Mentors to Mentees.
- We’re in the community inspiring young women to be passionate about Science, Technology, Math and Engineering. Here’s how:
- Marcy and Barb were panelists at the University of Washington Women in Science and Engineering Conference.
- A half dozen of us gave presentations to students at the Highline School District.
- We’ve been invited back to Highline later this month to talk about our career paths so as to encourage students!
I’d like to thank a few folks:
- Barb Campbell and Marcy Knott who could not attend the celebration. Because of my lunch with them in the summer of 2013, Seattle WIT was born. We became the first IAMCP-WIT community in the U.S.
- Rane Johnson-Stempson for her inspiration, mentorship and helping us build this wonderful organization.
- Our sponsors Kati Quigley, Heather Doran, along with Microsoft and our liaisons Richael Best and Sarah Greenwalt
Most importantly, I want to THANK YOU!
After every meeting, I walk away inspired and energized. I want to thank YOU for keeping it positive, upbeat, supportive and for being inquisitive and for inspiring each other to be our best.
So, here’s to you: Thank you for what you do and helping make this organization so great!
Click on a gallery image for a larger version